Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Apparently, the Quiver isn't yet full...bun in the oven.

Is anybody out there in the exact place that I am at this moment? If you are, misery loves company. Tomorrow I will be 8 weeks pregnant with my second child, God willing there is only one in my belly, however...God willing there could be two or three little rascals in there making me sick every moment of every day. I mean physically ill, nausea. I have had a few moments when looking at little baby shoes and cute little "baby things," when I have smiled for a second and thought...what a blessing...this is going to be awesome...the thoughts are fleeting. Someone told me in my first pregnancy that the sicker you are during your pregnancy the healthier your baby. I'm sticking to that thought right now. Hanker turned out to be an awesomely healthy little guy, so maybe another healthy baby is in order. I haven't actually thrown up, but the vomit has been in my mouth, and I've had to swallow it down. Wow, how nasty is this blog now?!! I'm on my second prescription for nausea. The first one did not help with the nausea, it just put me to sleep...like I need help sleeping right now. I picked up my prenatal vitamin today...it's a capsule and a caplet (Romeo and Juliet) not so romantic. You should read the instructions. Ridiculous. It actually wants me to time taking the pills an hour before I eat something or two hours after I eat. That's funny, I'm supposed to be eating crackers and junk for the nausea all day...how is that going to fit in? It also talks about don't eat dairy, tea, coffee, something else 2 hrs. before or 2 hrs. after...are you kidding? Side effects...constipation, diarrhea, nausea...nice...I already have two out of three...thanks...I guess getting the third would be a relief to the other two. Oh, and get this stool softener if you take this pill for nausea...oh, and by the way everyone...the nausea is not going away! I'm the poster child for terrible pregnancies. Today on one of the talk shows, (I watched because it was all about women) this women is talking about how she loved being pregnant, so she had two other pregnancies for other couples. Unbelievable. I wonder what the experience would be like from a positive standpoint? I will become more positive...God has a plan. I'm just lost in nausea, exhaustion, and fear that I'm caring twins.
On a brighter note, Henry Mason Green is an awesome little boy. He really has been great, aside from climbing the kitchen table, sitting on the end tables in the living room, standing on the computer table, and trying to ride our dog Casey who has arthritis and hip problems. He's a stinker, and he's mine, and he's out of my body...which is a great thing! Hugs and Kisses!

2 comments:

Candice said...

sister - I love you!!! and i love your little "Green Bean" too :) I sure hope that nausea goes away soon - I know how sucky that is and how you wonder if you will ever feel normal again. You will soon enough! And you will have another adorable little personality added to your quiver. ps - one definition of quiver is "an almost pleasurable sensation of fright" - yep, pretty much sums up motherhood right there!!!

jjofar said...

look at you blogging mama!! so proud! i miss you and think of you so often. i hope you feel better real soon and yes, you have a huge blessing despite the discomfort! love you!

My Greatest Joy!

My Greatest Joy!

Mama Bear, Baby Bear, Papa Bear, Soon to be another Baby Bear

Mama Bear, Baby Bear, Papa Bear, Soon to be another Baby Bear

Being Mama Bear

Being Mama Bear
Precious quiet moments

Being Aunt Mama Bear

Being Aunt Mama Bear
My Baby Sam

Love