Friday, November 20, 2009

23 Weeks, A "New Moon" is full in my belly!

Last week Baby Girl Green was the size of a spaghetti squash...help me out...the spaghetti squash seems bigger than the large mango that she is this week (below)...are the people who make up the fruit sizes on acid? Also, most people haven't even heard of a spaghetti squash...how random is the food comparison. You know what else, they should be comparing the baby's size to foods that pregnant women actually eat. For example, this week your baby is the size of three giant scoops of ice cream similar to the scoops you have every night while you watch television and grow larger. Baby Girl Green is the size of a large Mango this week...according to the averages, she should be weighing in at a little over a pound and just over 11 inches long.

Today is the premiere of the movie "New Moon." Yes, I am a vampire fan. Being 32-years-old and pregnant, I was unable to purchase my ticket early and attend the 12:01 a.m. screening. I hope to see it soon with my girl posse. The books are amazing and Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen) is an easy-on-the-eyes-actor playing one of the main characters. I can't wait to get my "Twilight Saga" fix. These are the things I have to look forward to as a pregnant woman. A few hours away from hubby and toddler son, holding a giant bucket of buttery popcorn and drinking a taboo, loaded with caffeine coke while I fantasize about a fictional "vegetarian" vampire. Wow, the word loser pops into my ever-decreasing brain. Oh well, the nausea continues. I have a new symptom...headaches that make me want to stab a drillbit into my head. Oh, and people have started the "Are you sure you aren't having twins?" comments that I love! Great, thanks for telling me how fat I am, gotta love those members of the church! Ugh!!!! Oh well, enough griping...enjoy your weekend!

2 comments:

Jules said...

glad to see a new post on here - although I do know you are busy being a mom to one and busy growing another one! thanks for the prayers friend - always an adventure with us ;-) I agree with the food comparison thing, very random indeed. As far as headaches go - if Tylenol doesn't help talk to Strebel, she gave me Fioricet (basically strong Tylenol) to help with my tension headaches/migraines (which apparently if you got before you were preggo you have a 1 in 3 chance of getting more often and worse while you are preggo) and it does help! Two of those bad boys and the pain drifts away.....

kuliejellogg said...

I love that I can hear you talking as I read your words.

My Greatest Joy!

My Greatest Joy!

Mama Bear, Baby Bear, Papa Bear, Soon to be another Baby Bear

Mama Bear, Baby Bear, Papa Bear, Soon to be another Baby Bear

Being Mama Bear

Being Mama Bear
Precious quiet moments

Being Aunt Mama Bear

Being Aunt Mama Bear
My Baby Sam

Love